Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (collectively, the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions between Greater Nevada Credit Union (the “GNCU”) and users (“you” or “your”) and governs your use of GNCU’s Refer Family and Friends Program (“Program”) and the related website and portal (collectively, the “Site”).
BY ENTERING, ACCESSING, BROWSING, SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO, USING THE PROGRAM, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
GNCU reserves the right to modify or supplement any or all of the terms of this Agreement from time to time without notice to you. All changes are effective immediately when posted and apply to all access to and use of the Program or the Site thereafter. GNCU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, change suspend or terminate access to all or any part or aspect of the Site or Program, including, without limitation, (i) availability of any feature or content, (ii) restricting, suspending, modifying, or terminating the Program, and (iii) limiting the number of Bonuses (defined below) that may be received per Member (defined below) or per household, at any time and without prior notice or liability. Continued use of the Site or Program following posting of any changes to the terms of the Agreement constitutes your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Agreement at any time, you are required to cease use of the Site and Program.
1. Your Information and Account.
By using the Site and Program, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or at least the age of legal majority in your state or country of residence, if older than 18.
To use portions of the Site and to use the Program, you may be required to provide certain personal information, including, without limitation, banking account information and personal data such as your name, email, phone number, and address and the same information for the Referred Person (defined below). You agree to provide information that is true, accurate, complete, current, and not misleading.
2. The Program.
a) Qualifications. To qualify for the Bonus under the Program, you must refer a person who is not a member of GNCU (a “Member”) and is either (1) an immediate family member of a person who is eligible to become a Member; or (2) friends or family who live or work in Nevada, who is eligible to become a Member (each, a “Referred Person”). Referred Persons must satisfy GNCU’s Membership eligibility policy and may not have been a Member previously. Referred Persons may not be an employee of GNCU. GNCU’s Membership eligibility policy is available at https://www.gncu.org/About-Us/Join and may change from time to time.
b) Referral. To refer a Referred Person, you must register with the Greater Nevada Referral Program via https://gncu.ourreferralengine.com/v2/1/register and follow all of the applicable steps detailed therein (the “Referral Steps”).
c) Bonus. You and the Referred Person will each receive a $25 bonus (the “Bonus”), if, after you have completed all of the Referral Steps:
i. the Referred Person establishes a new Shared Savings and Checking Account with GNCU;
ii. the Referred Person’s Shared Savings and Checking Account remain open for at least 60 days after the accounts are opened; and
iii. both the Referred Person’s Shared Savings and Checking Account and your Shared Savings account are in good standing at the end of the 60 day period.
If all of the criteria set forth in this Section 2(c) are met, GNCU will deposit the Bonus into your Shared Savings account and the Referred Person’s Shared Savings account within 30 days after the end of the 60 day period.
If the Referred Person’s account is in good standing at the end of the 60 day period, but your accounts are not, the Referred Person will receive the Bonus and you will not receive the Bonus. If the Referred Person’s accounts are not in good standing at the end of the 60 day period, neither you nor the Referred Person will receive a Bonus.
d) Accounts. The Referred Person must establish both a Shared Savings and Checking Account, but may also establish any other account available at GNCU, if they qualify. Shared Savings accounts require a $5.00 application fee and must maintain a minimum balance of $5.00. Checking accounts require no minimum deposit and must maintain a positive balance. Application fees and minimum balance are subject to change.
e) Non-commercial Use. You understand the Program is intended for your personal, non-commercial use and you agree you will only use the Program for your personal, non-commercial use.
f) Other Promotions. The Bonus may not be combined with and is not valid with any other offers and promotions.
3. Termination; Modification. You may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause and at any time, by discontinuing your use of the Site and Program. In addition to any other rights contained in this Agreement, GNCU may, without notice, suspend your access to the Site or Program or terminate this Agreement for: (a) your failure to comply with any provisions of this Agreement; or (b) your unauthorized or unlawful use of the Site. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, GNCU shall have no continuing obligation to you.
4. Taxes. GNCU is not responsible for any taxes that are or may become due and payable as a result of any Bonus, including without limitation any federal, state or local income taxes. You and the Referred Person are and will remain responsible for any such taxes, respectively.
5. Communications; Notice. GNCU may attempt to notify or otherwise communicate with you by email and/or the billing address/phone number included in your account information or given at the time of your referral. You (i) consent to receive communications from GNCU in in connection with the Program in an electronic format, including, without limitation, email, and notices or other posts on the Site, and (ii) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that GNCU provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. Although email is generally reliable, email can be transmitted improperly or wrongfully intercepted. GNCU does not warrant or guarantee that the transmission of email messages will be uninterrupted or transmitted without error.
6. Mobile Services. When you access the Site through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier's standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain mobile services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all mobile services may work with all carriers or devices. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Site must be in accordance with the usage rules established by your mobile device platform or service provider.
7. Content. Information, software, text, photographs, graphics, links and other material (collectively, the “Content”) provided on the Site and Program are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of GNCU or third parties. Except as required to use the Site or Program, you may not copy, store in electronic form, modify, print, transmit, transfer or sell, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or permitted under copyright law. Access to and use of the Site or Program does not authorize you to use any name, logo or mark of GNCU in any manner, including, without limitation, meta tags or other hidden text utilizing GNCU’s name or trademarks.
8. Restricted Use. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site or Program, or otherwise abusing the Site or Program, including, without limitation, using the Site or Program, or both, to spam or otherwise harass third parties in any way. The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the Site or Program or any of its content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited. You may not access the Site or Program through spiders, robots or any other software programs or electronic means that perform multiple, automated, successive queries. You may not use any collaborative browsing or display technologies in connection with your use of the Site or Program. You agree not to use the Site or Program for any illegal purpose, in violation of any law or regulation, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement. You agree not to input, distribute, upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content or data through the Site or Program that: (i) is unlawful, improper, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening or otherwise objectionable; (ii) you are not authorized or have the right to make available; (iii) violates the rights of others, such as content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, other proprietary rights or violates any right of privacy or publicity; (iv) violates the property rights of others; (v) offends the community standards of users of the Site or Program; or (vi) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to work around any technical limitations in the Site or Program or that would interfere with the proper working of the Site or Program. Violations of this Section may result in civil or criminal liability.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF POSSIBLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE AND PROGRAM, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS AND UNCERTAINTIES OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH SUCH INFORMATION.
GNCU MAKES NO GUARANTY AS TO THE USE OF ITS PROGRAM. THE SITE AND THE PROGRAM ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. GNCU DOES NOT WARRANT AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE SITE, PROGRAM, CONTENT OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE OR PROGRAM. NOR DOES GNCU GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE OR PROGRAM WILL BE TYPOGRAPHICAL-ERROR-FREE, ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE OR THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
GNCU DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PROGRAM OR THE SITE OR YOUR RELIANCE THEREUPON IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, QUALITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. ADDITIONALLY, GNCU DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF CUSTOMER RATINGS, COMMENTS OR FEEDBACK.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
IF YOU BECOME DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE OR PROGRAM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE AND PROGRAM. THIS LIMITATION ON DAMAGES IS ESSENTIAL TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THE SITE OR PROGRAM WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GNCU OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR LOST DATA, HOWEVER CAUSED, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE, CONTENT, PROGRAM, OR THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY UNDER WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS ASSERTED OR IF GNCU HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OR WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GNCU’S, OR ITS AFFILIATES’, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS’, MEMBERS’, DIRECTORS’, OFFICERS’, EMPLOYEES’, CONTRACTORS’, AGENTS’, SUCCESSORS’, AND/OR ASSIGNS’, TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) EXCEED $100, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE OR USING THE PROGRAM.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF GNCU OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AGENTS, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF GNCU OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANAGERS, MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS, EXCEED $100. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE SITE AND PROGRAM WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION AND REMEDIES ARE REASONABLE.
BY ACCESSING THE SITE AND PROGRAM, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES SUBSTANTIALLY AS FOLLOWS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
11. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold GNCU and its affiliates, and each of their respective managers, members, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and/or assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments and fees and expenses related thereto (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of, based upon or resulting from (i) your use of the Site or the Program, (ii) breach of this Agreement by you, (iii) your violation of any applicable law, or (iv) your infringement of the rights of any third party. GNCU reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle or otherwise dispose of any matter without GNCU’s prior written consent.
12. Force Majeure. GNCU shall not be responsible for any failure to provide the Site or Program or delay in performing any of its obligations under this Agreement where and to the extent that such failure or delay results from an unforeseeable event beyond GNCU’s reasonable control, including but not limited to: acts of war; acts of nature; earthquake; flood; embargo; riot; sabotage; labor shortage or dispute; changes in government codes, ordinances, laws, rules, regulations or restrictions; failure of the Internet; terrorist acts; failure of data, products or services controlled by any third party, including the providers of communications or network services; or utility power failure.
13. General Terms.
a) This Agreement shall not be construed as creating any agency, partnership or joint venture between you and GNCU.
b) This Agreement and the Program are governed by the laws of the State of Nevada, without regarding conflicts of law provisions. If you are accessing the Site or Program from a physical location outside of the United States with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that are different from United States laws, you agree that by accessing the Site or Program you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to the application of the laws of the United States, including, without limitation, U.S. export control laws, and the State of Nevada with respect to use of the Site or Program and any dispute regarding the Site, Program or this Agreement. You agree that any action to enforce these terms and conditions or in any manner related to GNCU will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Washoe County, Nevada and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of such courts. You and GNCU hereby expressly waive any rights to contest the jurisdiction, venue or convenience of any such federal or state court located in Washoe County, Nevada. The prevailing party in any litigation shall be entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees (as determined by a court and not a jury) and related costs and expenses incurred as a result of the litigation in addition to such other relief as may be granted.
d) GNCU is an Equal Housing Lender.
e) GNCU is Federally insured by NCUA.
Updated September 17, 2021